Why has my account been sold?

It is common for banks and other lenders to sell uncollected accounts to debt purchase companies. The lenders will have previously made their own efforts to recover their credit advanced to you.

Who is the debt purchaser?

 A debt purchaser is usually a company which buys customer accounts from a range of finance businesses and credit providers, including retail banks, credit card companies, insurance companies and other commercial enterprises.

Once it has purchased your account the money you owed the lender is now due to the purchaser, who is now your creditor.  Our goal is to work with you on an affordable repayment plan that considers your financial position and improves your current life situation.

How much do I owe?

We have sent you a letter or SMS which shows from whom the debt was purchased and the amount the purchaser believes is owed.  If you have any questions about this, please contact our Customer Service Officer by calling +852 81007611 between the hours of 8:00 a.m and 6:00 p.m. during Monday to Friday (except General Holidays).  Or you may go onto our website to schedule a time to talk at your convenience by using the Case Reference Number (“CRN”) in the letter or SMS sent to you.

How much will I have to pay?

We will work together with you and the creditor to consider your financial condition and circumstances.  It is very important to ensure that whatever plan is developed it takes those into consideration and is affordable.  Please call us on +852 81007611 to see how we can help.

What should I do if I do not owe this debt?

If you do not recognize the lender or amount in our letter or SMS please call us on +852 81007611 and we will investigate.

What should I do if I am suspicious about the identity of the caller who claims to be SAL staff?

You may contact our Customer Service Officer by calling +852 81007611 Or you may do so by going onto our website using the Case Reference Number in the letter or SMS sent to you.

What should I do if the person in your letter does not live here?

People do move their place of residence.  Please call us on +852 81007611 and we will investigate.

How can I make payments?

You may contact our Customer Service Officer by calling +852 81007611. Or you may do so by going onto our website using the Case Reference Number in the letter or SMS sent to you. 

What if I do not contact you?

Please understand that we are flexible and genuinely want to understand your financial circumstances.  We recognize that people can lose their jobs or have other family issues.  When we agree on a repayment plan it will take this into consideration, even if you are currently unable to pay anything.  But doing nothing is not a positive step since it could simply result in further legal steps.  Please do contact us to talk at your convenience and see what can be done to help you deal with your debt.

Will this debt affect my credit rating?

Unpaid debts from financial institutions are registered at the local credit reference agencies and this ordinarily reduces your access to further credit from banks and similar lenders.   Once you start making repayments we will reflect that positive data with the credit reference agencies and this will start improving your record.  When you have completed the agreed repayment plan the account will be marked as fully or partially repaid depending on the situation.  All records are removed from credit reference agency files after an allowable period.

In Hong Kong, you may access your current record at the following credit reference agency:

TransUnion Limited
Suite 811, Tower 5, The Gateway
15 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong

What if I lose my job and I cannot pay?

We recognize this can happen.  Please contact us via our website or call on +852 81007611 to discuss your situation.

Is any information I enter on the website safe?

Yes, we qualify as ISO 27001, the highest global standard of data security certification.

Who regulates SAL?

SAL follows the Code of Conduct of the Credit Services Association (CSA) in the United Kingdom.  The CSA Code of Practice is the UK benchmark for industry best practice, assuring quality and professionalism in the services provided by members.  In Hong Kong, SAL is also rigid in its adherence to the regulatory system and the best local practices.  You have rights under a number of key statutes and it is important that they recognize we adhere to these rights and work to preserve them for our customers.  We strictly follow the UK’s CSA Code of Conduct and in Hong Kong the Hong Kong Monetary Authority’s guidelines, the Code of Banking Practice, the Licensed Money Lender Association’s Code of Practice, the Privacy Commissioners Code of Practice on Consumer Credit Data, the Securities & Futures Commission’s Debt Collection Guidelines, and the Banking and Money Lender’s Ordinances and related precedents under those laws.

How do I complain in relation to this matter?

SAL strives to provide the best possible customer service.  If we fail to meet your needs, please contact us through our website, by phone or email.  One of our Senior Managers will listen to your concerns and we will work to resolve the matter with you.  If that does not meet your needs, the case will be passed to our Quality Assurance Department for a thorough investigation.

By Telephone – Please call on +852 81007611 (9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday, except General Holidays)

By Letter – Quality Assurance Department, Superior Assets Limited
Unit 1201, 12/F, Win Century Centre, 2A Mong Kok Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong

By Email – You can email us at qa@superiorassets.com.hk

It will be helpful if you can use the website’s complaint form.  If not please provide full details and your suggested solution to the matter of concern.  We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint and investigate the matter immediately.  A detailed response outlining the findings and actions, steps and the reasons therefore will be provided within one week.